Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) is committed to providing rich experiences within each Pre-Kindergarten Program that will profoundly impact the course of each of our student's lives. Our mission is to prepare children with the necessary learning opportunities that will ensure their success in Kindergarten and throughout their lives. Valuable supplemental information on getting ready for Kindergarten can be found here.
Pre-Kindergarten Application Process
Applying for Pre-Kindergarten in Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools can be as easy as 1, 2, 3. The steps below outline the procedures involved in the Pre-Kindergarten application process. To view current year's Application Process Flier
- Determine your school of choice containing the Pre-Kindergarten program in which your family meets the eligibilities outlined
- Obtain your child's documentation
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Child's current physical and immunization records
- Child's social security card (optional)
- Family's proof of address (electric bill, water bill, etc...)
- Family's proof of income (1040, W2, Family's First Case Number (with documentation from DHS), etc...)
- To view a full description of Admission Requirements
- Submit documentation at the school site in which you are interested in applying
- The school will schedule a time for administering a Pre-Kindergarten assessment with your child
- Each school will provide an application packet containing forms for families to submit along with your child's documentation
Families will receive notification of enrollment status in May of each school year. Waiting list will remain active throughout the school year. School sites will continue to accept applications for the current school year throughout the year for eligible applicants.
Pay Pre-K fees online.